Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sweet, Boozy Boredom

I got bored today. It's too hot to go outside. My boyfriend is out doing guy stuff. The dog was sleeping. So, as any kitchen addict would, I decided to bide some time on Foodgawker looking for nifty new things to make sometime in the future.

So, a bored gal that likes to cook finds a simple recipe. With all the ingredients and time on her hands, she makes...

Honey infused BEER BREAD.



What You Need:
3 cups all purpose flour
2 Tbs sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbs baking powder
2 Tbs honey
4 Tbs butter, melted
12 oz beer of choice (I used regular Bud)

What You Do:
Grease a loaf pan, and heat your oven to 350.

Whisk together dry ingredients. Stir in beer, then honey. (It helps to stick the honey into the microwave for easier stirring. About 8 seconds did it for me.)

Pour half of the butter into the pan. Spoon in dough. Cover with remaining butter.

Bake 50-60 minutes.



Review:
Not quite what I expected. I was hoping for a stronger beer flavor, to be honest, and this didn't deliver on that front. I'm assuming this changes depending on which beer you use, so next time I'll use a different one.

As a bread, this was good. Light, fluffy, delicious. It was simple to make (only took me about 5 minutes to get it in the oven) and uses basic ingredients that you probably already have.

This seems like it would be easily tweaked as well. Next time, I think i'm going to cut out the honey, add cheddar into the dough, and maybe some herbs on top. I've also seen recipes using different cheeses, bacon, spices, etc...so it's one of those fun ones that you can easily change to suit personal tastes.



No comments:

Post a Comment