Thursday, March 15, 2012

An Irish Cream Dream




These are Irish Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies. Need I say more than that? Being a gal of Irish descent, I very much look forward to St. Patrick's Day every year. The green beers are fun, but really it's the food for me. So, in the spirit of the holiday, I'll be cooking several Irish/St. Pat's themed things the next few days, and sharing them with you!

What You Need:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup Bailey's Irish cream
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (I used Tollhouse milk chocolate)


What You Do:
Whisk together the butter, egg, and sugars.

Add in vanilla and Irish cream.

Mix together flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir into batter.

Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes.


Review: 
My budget wasn't exactly Bailey's friendly ($20 a bottle) so I cheated and used Brady's. ($9 a bottle) Not sure how much, if any, effect that has on the flavor.

These are the BEST cookies I have ever made, and that's saying a lot. Cookies are kind of my thing, that's where I started. This recipe yielded the softest, fluffiest, yummiest cookies! They were also very easy to make. No busting out the mixer, no mess everywhere. They cooked perfectly. I was impressed to the point that these will now be my go-to cookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment