Friday, May 11, 2012

Olive Oil & Herb Biscuits

First, talk about your "quick breads!" If The Flash were to take up baking, these are the biscuits he would make. Seriously, I had the dough mixed, blobs on the pan, and everything cleaned up before my oven even finished pre heating! So, if your in a time crunch and need and extra piece for your meal...I'd suggest these.

Second, these made my apartment smell amazing! I'd suggest not making them if you won't be eating them for a while, because once you catch a whiff you won't be able to help yourself.

Now, on to how to.


What You Need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbs baking powder
1 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
about 1 tbs each rosemary & thyme


What You Do:
Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and herbs. Mix in milk and oil.

Drop dough balls (about the size of a golf ball) onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 475 for 10 minutes.


Review:
This recipe, using the golf ball sized dough balls, yielded me 16 smallish biscuits.

On top of being insanely easy to make and clean up, these are quite tasty. Nice crusty outside, soft inside. Great full flavor. These are without a doubt a make-again. I can see a lot of potential for changes and variety with this recipe. Different herbs, cheese, etc. I'm thinking next time i'll try to toss in some garlic...maybe green onion? Seems limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment